Sending letters to the editor is an excellent way to educate the public and the press about animal rights. Here's some important tips to help you get published:
1. Keep letters short -- around 75-150 words max.
2. Most newspapers require you to include your name, street address, phone and email address with your letter -- they don't publish your personal information, it is just used to verify that you are a real person.
WHERE TO EMAIL YOUR LETTERS TO THE EDTIOR:
- Daily News: firstname.lastname@example.org
- AMNY: email@example.com
- Metro: firstname.lastname@example.org
- NY Times: email@example.com
- NY Post: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Staten Island Advance: email@example.com
- Newsday: (use online form)
- NY Mag: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Crains: email@example.com
- Wall Street Journal: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Our Town (use online form)
Need help? Email or call our staff: email@example.com 212-488-2300.
Thank you, and happy writing!
Sample letters to the editor: