Sending letters to the editor is an excellent way to educate the public and the press about animal rights. Here's some important tips to help you get published:
1. Keep letters short -- around 75-150 words max.
2. Most newspapers require you to include your name, street address, phone and email address with your letter -- they don't publish your personal information, it is just used to verify that you are a real person.
WHERE TO EMAIL YOUR LETTERS TO THE EDTIOR:
- Daily News: email@example.com
- AMNY: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Metro: email@example.com
- NY Times: firstname.lastname@example.org
- NY Post: email@example.com
- Staten Island Advance: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Newsday: (use online form)
- NY Mag: email@example.com
- Crains: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Wall Street Journal: email@example.com
- Our Town (use online form)
Need help? Email or call our staff: firstname.lastname@example.org 212-488-2300.
Thank you, and happy writing!
Sample letters to the editor: