NYC’s carriage horses need you to raise your voice!
If you live in the five boroughs of NYC, please call your Council Member today and urge them to actively support the new NYCLASS bill:
This new bill will keep carriage horses out of chaotic Times Square, Rockefeller Center, and Lincoln Square. It will also guarantee them a safe retirement, update the inadequate weather laws, provide horses with more rest and freedom of movement, and many other commonsense reforms that will drastically improve their conditions and lives. For the first time in over two decades, this bill will "move the needle" drastically in favor of the horses!
SIGN THIS PETITION: https://bit.ly/2AB4YvA NYCLASS collaborated with Care2 in this petition that is directed to New York City Council Members, urging them to pass our legislation now to help protect the carriage horses:
Sign and share here: https://bit.ly/2AB4YvA
NYC Carriage Horses Need YOUR HELP NOW
Call your NYC Council Member today and urge them to please support the new NYCLASS bill
The current NYCLASS proposal calls for
- Changing the current law to prevent carriage horses from being sent to slaughter.
- Mandatory retirement to a sanctuary at a younger age, in alignment with the retirement standards for NYPD Mounted Unit horses.
- Prohibiting horses from working in Times Square and other chaotic areas of midtown.
- Increasing stall sizes.
- Requiring time and space for the horses to move freely, exercise, and socialize.
- Updating and strengthening the current inadequate weather regulations for horses.
...and many more reforms to improve the safety and welfare for NYC carriage horses. New York City horses deserve better!