The Solution: The 21st Century Horseless eCarriage
The gorgeous brass Horseless eCarriage made it's debut at the 2014 New York International Auto Show. Go here for additional photos.
General Media Contact: John Eddy, Goldin Solutions, Desk: 646-660-8648, Cell: 315-369-8383, firstname.lastname@example.org
Automobile Media Contact: Kyle Reuter, PCG, 424-903-3657, email@example.com
NYCLASS supports City Council Intro. 86A, sponsored by Council Member Melissa Mark-Viverito. Similar legislation will be re-introduced this year.
This plan calls for:
- Three year phase-out of horse carriages, replacing them with the 21st Century "Horseless eCarriage" for current drivers. No one is losing a job -- they are simply moving to a modern, humane alternative.
- Adoption homes will be offered to all 200 horses, provided by NYCLASS, ASPCA, HSUS and numerous organizations and individuals. No horse will be sent to slaughter.
There are viable alternatives to carriage horses that will avoid the safety and quality of life issues currently faced by New York City's residents and its horses. NYCLASS has partnered with The Creative Workshop in Dania Beach, Florida to design and create fully electric, vintage-replica vehicles to replace the horse drawn carriages. These electric cars can provide rides for tourists, offer jobs to workers currently in the horse carriage industry with the potential for higher wages, and maintain the historic and romantic feel of the tours.
Important Facts about the Horseless eCarriage
- The electric Horseless Carriage will generate $33 million annually -- nearly double the current carriage industry.
- Monthly expenses for carriage drivers will drop from $3,000 per month to $1,700 month.
- Authentically styled and constructed to replicate turn of the century cars with a target build date of 1909.
- Ergonomic body design provides comfortable and safe 8 passenger seating.
- Cars will be propelled solely by electric power. Lithium-ion batteries provide cutting edge, clean energy.
- Raised "stadium" seating, "parasol" convertible top and lowered driver cockpit area provide 360degree viewing.
- All-weather driving: Heated seats and roll down clear sides provide comfort in cold weather, snow or rain.
- Suspension and steering designed to provide authentic "turn of the century" drive experience.
- Up to 10 hours of drive time per charge.
- Cars will each be personalized to create a palette of unique and aesthetically pleasing cars.
- Regenerative deceleration charges batteries whenever car is slowing down.
- Cars will travel at a low 5mph in the park and will be able to keep up with city traffic on the street.
- The 21st Century Horseless eCarriage will be manufactured locally in one of the five boroughs, creating jobs and bringing a new industry to the city.
The eco-friendly replicas will substantially increase revenue for New York City, encourage tourism and be completely cruelty-free. These 21st Century Horseless eCarriages will put a spotlight on New York City as the leader in urban ecotourism, creating a unique and memorable experience for visitors from all corners of the world.