At the request of Mayor de Blasio, the New York City Council has introduced legislation (Intro 573) that would ban horse carriages. This bill would also provide new jobs for the current carriage drivers and ensure that the carriage horses will go to good homes.
Right now, the legislation is currently in the Transportation Committee. You can also help by calling the Council Members on the Transportation Committee and asking them to vote YES on Intro 573:
- Antonio Reynoso, Brooklyn 718-963-3141 email@example.com
- Dan Garodnick, Manhattan 212-818-0580 firstname.lastname@example.org
- David Greenfield, Brooklyn 718-853-2704 email@example.com
- Debi Rose, Staten Island 718-556-7370 firstname.lastname@example.org
- Donovan Richards, Queens 718-471-7014 email@example.com
- Jimmy Van Bramer, Queens 718-383-9566 firstname.lastname@example.org
- Jimmy Vacca, Bronx 718-931-1721 email@example.com
- Steve Levin, Brooklyn 718-875-5200 firstname.lastname@example.org
*If you do not live in NYC, you can still help by signing the petition at BanHorseCarriages.nyc.